Sunday, September 27, 2009

Landscape/Still Life


In iPhoto added Sepia and boosted color

original - adjusted levels and added vignette
Reflection - Outskirts of Rexburg, ID - [LANDSCAPE] - 9/27/09 - 6:28pm - f/25 1/50 ISO 200 - Nikon D5000


Desert - Sand dunes in Rexburg, ID - [LANDSCAPE] - 9/27/09 - 6:47pm - f/13 1/800 ISO 200 - Nikon D5000


Baby Girl - Portland, OR -[STILL IMAGE] - f/3.2 0.3 ISO 100 - 5/7/09 - 2:48pm - Sony DSC-H50 - Edits: added white vignette and saturated color


The City - New York City, NY - [LANDSCAPE] - f/3.8 1.6 ISO 800 - 7/18/09 - 10:03pm -Nikon D5000 -

3 comments:

  1. I love the lighting in shots with the water and at the dunes. The dunes especially, I love how the light hits the waves in the sand. I think the third shot is framed nicely, its different but I like it. The last shot is good but I think it cuts a little too close right down the center so maybe trying to focus more on thirds for this one would have made it stronger. I like them though, nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really liked the vibrant colors and the variety of subject matter and I really liked the boosted color in "Reflection." The softer tones of "Baby Girl" are really good - I think it gives it a more appealing feel. The angle in "New York" and the color of the night sky was amazing - you got the rule of thirds in there good with the positioning of the building in just the right stop too. The "Sand Dunes" is a little dark but I like the color of the sky and the beams of sunlight.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are absolutely beautiful! I LOVE the first one, the lighting is incredible. I love the second one too, it is a little dark, but it also has nice shadows so I guess it's kind of a trade off. The coloring in the 3rd one has a nice calming effect and the shallow depth of field works really well. I also liked how you added a white vignette just because people always make them black; it's a nice change. And I can't believe how sharp/in focus your NYC shot is, it's incredible. Nice work :)

    ReplyDelete