Sunday, October 18, 2009

Edge Effects

In this assignment we were suppose to show different ways to making borders for our pictures... I chose clean sleek lines just because those are the borders that I tend to favor more.


10/14/2009 @ 2:08 pm
f/3.8 - 1/25 - ISO 200 natural light with a Nikon D5000
Baby Payton - Rexburg, ID
Edits: Black and white, new layer (inverse, set white as foreground color, which made white border) then went to canvas side and added black 50 pixels to the width and height to give the outside black border.


10/12/2009 @ 5:20 pm
f/4 - 1/30 - ISO400 natural light with a Nikon D5000
Baby Kinsey - Rexburg, ID
Edits: I added a photo filter added a brown color and turned density to 100%. I added a new layer, added a rectangular marquee around the border, inverse, exclusion overlay blending mode. Then, added another layer added rectangular marquee on the outside of that first border, inverse, added a multiply overlay blending mode.

1 comment:

  1. I really like the borders you added here. I like it when borders add to the picture and don't distract form it — these borders are great examples of that. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete