Saturday, October 3, 2009

Adjustment Layer & Smart Filter


Original
River Bottom - Rexburg, ID
f/20 - 1.3 - ISO 200 - natural light taken with a Nikon D5000
10/2/09 @ 7:16 pm


Edited

This assignment was to use an adjustment layer on an image. I took this image on 10/2/09 at 7:16 pm off of Hwy 33 and 3000 N.
Edits:
I first adjusted the levels then masked out the bottom so it only affected the treeline, sky, and the top of the water. After that I added +50 contrast and masked out the trees on the right (so they didn't get too lost). Then adjusted the color balance: color levels on shadows(+6,-7,0), color levels on midtones (0,-71,0), color levels highlights (0,-11,0). My final touch was a soft vignette on the sky (masked out the rest of the picture). I left it fairly dark because it is a night shot and I wanted that to be the feel.

1 comment:

  1. This is gorgeous! The adjustment layer really brings out the rich colors. The vignette makes it look really nice. Wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete